Google Info for Staff
over 3 years ago
Greenwood County School District 52
|Gmail|| Google Calendar||Google Talk ||Google Docs |
- Lots of storage — You get a full 30 GB of online storage for your email, photos, and documents, so you can archive all of your documents and emails online. You'll no longer need to worry about deleting messages or saving them in offline folders.
- Enhanced message organization and retrieval — With Gmail, you'll spend less time managing folders and searching for messages. For example, you can add one or more tags, or "labels," to your messages to organize and store them more efficiently. And with the Google-powered search feature, you can find any message quickly and easily, whether it's in your Inbox or stored in your message archive.
- Easier calendar sharing — Google Calendar lets you and your colleagues quickly and easily share your calendars with each other and specify the details you want to show. Calendar sharing is a great way to keep each other informed about your schedules.
- Integrated chat — With the Google Talk instant messaging application, you can communicate instantly with others right from the Gmail interface. In addition, all your chats are automatically saved, so you can always retrieve important information later.
- Real-time collaboration — Using Google Drive and Docs, you can create documents, spreadsheets, presentations, drawings, and more, that you and your team can view and edit at the same time. You can still use your Microsoft Office products as needed, but now you'll have more options for storing and collaborating on your documents.
You do not have to click through the district website in order to retrieve your email. Our email accounts are managed through Google servers. You can retrieve your email by using Chrome ( mail link), Gmail.com or by selecting the Gmail shortcut from Google.com. You just need your email address and your password. If you have questions contact: Jennifer Madden @ email@example.com
Click here for email http://gmail.greenwood52.org
Google Information for Parents and Students
over 2 years ago
Students in our district will now have Google Apps for Education accounts in school. These Google accounts will include the applications for mail, docs, sheets, and slides. The Greenwood 52 Administration has determined these Google Apps are appropriate and useful for students. For the security and safety of our children, their Gmail accounts may not be used to send or receive email outside of Greenwood District 52. This means that parents will not be able to send emails to their students using the district Gmail account and vice versa.
over 3 years ago
6 months ago